Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Can’t We All Just Get Along! - Moving Day 2

10/17/2013 
Mom was admitted to Southern Trace exactly 1 week ago. Her roommate who had been hospitalized returned on Monday. During my visit on Wednesday, the rommie said that she was afraid of mom. She claims mom had clenched her fist in an attempt to hit her. She also said mom cursed her out. The roomie informed me that she wanted mom moved out. Mom said the roomie cussed her out. So who’s telling the truth? They both are. The social worker stated there was a cussing match between the two of them. That literally made me LOL!

Today, the social worker called to tell me that they would be moving mom to another room. Supposedly the rommie and one of her friends said that mom hit her in the head. Since mom can’t see, I wonder how in the world did mom accomplish that feat! She does see shadows, so it’s not impossible, however, I believe the roomie was determined to get mom out.  We’ll see how the new room goes. Glad I hadn’t hung pictures on the wall.

I told my husband today, mom is in a nursing home, yet she is still stressing me out! It’s hard to rest with the frequent phone calls from the nursing home.

After 7 days in the home, and only 3 days with a roomie, mom is moved because she and the roomie could not get along!

Here are a few pics of the facility. I pray she doesn’t get evicted.





1 comment: