Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I See Dead People- That’s Mom’s Story and She’s Sticking to It!


9/6/2013

The last 48 hours has been quite eventful. Mom has been living in her “imagination land.” Yesterday, almost immediately after talking to her sister who lives in Louisiana (we’re in Arkansas), mom nervously informed me that the same sister had died. How did she know this? Her dead sister came to my house and informed her. Mom was frantically looking for my cousin’s phone number so that she could call her with this information. Of course I didn’t allow it. It took a while for me to calm her.

About 2 am this morning, mom came to my bedroom and called for my husband, BD. She sound very upset. I stayed in the bed because I was still processing the “sister is dead” drama. Mom tells BD that our daughter, VT, blew up (literally with air), exploded and died. BD had to prove to her that this was not true by bringing her into our daughter’s bedroom. BD picked up a pillow that my mom identified as VT’s head. By this time, I went to my mom’s room.  It took 30 minutes to calm her. VT said mom repeatedly checked on her during the night.

 This morning we woke mom up for breakfast. She thought she was in Louisiana. After settling her down, it seemed like she was going to be okay. BOY, WE WERE WRONG!

Today was the worse day mom has had. She thought dead people who had been shot were on her bedroom floor. She was panicky and worried about them. She said she called an ambulance in her mind. Several times she opened the front door to let the police and ambulance crew in. She would not eat because she was worried about the imaginary dead people who were injured. Comedian Paul Moon said, “People dying who never died before.” In my house, people die who died before. LOL! We must laugh to keep our sanity!

Mom hallucinated the entire day. She saw people working on my house and climbing a ladder to the roof, all through my bathroom windows where the blinds were closed. She held many lengthy conversations with several people, most were deceased. According to her my home was full of people. People were sitting at the table, but became invisible. She asked many children if they wanted to eat. The police called her mind and told her they had been ringing the doorbell and knocking on the door. Several times she demanded me and my husband to look outside at the various people who wanted to come into the house and the emergency crews waiting to get in. Did I mention mom is BLIND!

 Mom told BD, “I can’t believe you man handled your mother-in-law.” In an attempt to get my mom to cease opening the front door, and eat dinner, BD gently took her by the hand. She resisted----so I suspect this is what she means by “man handling.”

I am not completely convinced that Dad beat mom up. Mom was passionate about allowing the emergency crew into our house. She ignored our pleas for her to not open the door, and to eat dinner. Today, she stressed all of us out. And now, even with sleeping pills, she has not gone to sleep. It’s going to be an interesting night!

No comments:

Post a Comment