Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Extraordinary Service is Not for the Ordinary


9/6/2013

I’m reading the book “Extraordinary” by John Bevere. In the book the author says, “Average should not be our targeted goal in bringing God delight. We should be passionate in our pursuit to be fully pleasing to Him.“ I genuinely seek God in the manner described. I am passionate about pleasing God. I am so obsessed with honoring God, that I stalk Him every day. I have a hunger and thirst for his righteousness and I desire to emulate his love through serving others. My life and service is not average or ordinary. Indeed, I am extraordinary!

Through this book, I hear God answering the question of “why must I be the one to step up and take care of mom?” I’m EXTRAORDINARY, and this is not an ordinary task to undertake. Only those who have the capacity to serve and love in an extraordinary way can handle an extraordinary assignment. I really don’t know how much longer I can handle mom, because I think she needs professional round the clock help, but today I’ve discovered that I, along with my husband and kids, am EXTRAORDINARY! God knew we would do our best, so he trusted us with the task.
WOW! I’m humbled and honored to be used by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment