Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sometimes All You Can Do Is Laugh

9/25/2013

Mom has been living with me for a month. Because of undiagnosed mental issues,
she has exhibited quite an imagination. A FEW things has shared that she has seen or has happened in the time she has been with me includes:
 
·         Horses on my neighbor’s roof
·         People dressed in horse costumes with huge sneakers
·         Dead people
·         A giant praying mantis
·         A disrespectful child, supposedly my daughter’s friend whom she has threatened
·         Dead people flying in the house
·         A group of people circling around me
·         City buses riding across my lawn
·         The mafia outside in a parked car, watching the house & waiting to kill us
·         A “mind call” that my dad was dead
·         A dead person saying my aunt was dead
·         An imaginary new husband who was to pick her up, so she got dressed and waited for her
·         People putting out a fire next door
·         The house behind me burning
·         A trip to the ER for food poisoning
·         The “husband” had an accident a block from my house and was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
 
Today, mom told me that I wasn’t black, but rather of Indian descent as her parents, my grandparents were. She admitted that she never shared this information with me before. My response---“I’m just a black girl from New Orleans.” She then said, “You talk like a fool.”
 
Sometimes all you can do is laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment